Transcargo - Installation and Demo import detailed guides.
Installation of the theme
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information regarding the installing of the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex - http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
When you are ready to install a theme, you must first upload the theme files and then activate the theme itself. The theme files can be uploaded in two ways:
FTP Upload - Using your FTP client, upload the non-zipped theme folder into the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server
WordPress Upload - Navigate to Appearance -> Add New Themes -> Upload. Go to browse, and select the zipped theme folder. Hit “Install Now” and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
Some webservers have a limitation for the maximum allowed size of files being uploaded to them and that value may be exceeded by the theme file. If that is the case you can receive an error that states: The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini. or Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again. If you get any of these errors please increase the values of upload_max_filesize and post_max_size directives in your php.ini file to 20M or follow the Installation via FTP section described above.
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it. Go to Appearance -> Themes and activate your chosen theme.
After that you need to activate the pre-installed plugins:
- WPBakery Visual Composer
- STM Post Type
- Breadcrumb NavX
- Revolution Slider
- Contact Form 7
- MailChimp for WordPress Lite
- Recent Tweets Widget
- STM Custom Icons
- STM Importer
All the plugins which are not free come under our EXTENDED License, so you don’t need to pay for their license to use them. Some of them might have messages requiring activation, but they are already activated on our side. No purchase code needed. When using them under our license you will need to wait for the plugin updates in our regular theme updates. If you want to be able to auto update them from wp-admin, you will need to buy your own personal license for that.
Also you can update included plugins via upgrading the theme. We include latest versions of plugins in every update of the theme.
Here you can see video tutorial of Installation the theme:
Activate the theme and Import the demo content
After completing installation of the theme, you need to activate your product under Transcargo -> Product registration following these instructions:
- Click on this Generate A Personal Token link. IMPORTANT: You must be logged into the same Themeforest account that purchased Transcargo. If you are logged in already, look in the top menu bar to ensure it is the right account. If you are not logged in, you will be directed to login then directed back to the Create A Token Page.
- Enter a name for your token, then check the boxes for View Your Envato Account Username, Download Your Purchased Items, Verify Purchases You've Made and List Purchases You've Made from the permissions needed section. Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions, then click the Create Token button.
- A new page will load with a token number in a box. Copy the token number then come back to this registration page and paste it into the field below and click the Submit button.
- You will see a green check mark for success, or a failure message if something went wrong. If it failed, please make sure you followed the steps above correctly.
Then you can install included plugins under Transcargo -> Plugins (if you have not installed them).
After this you install the demo content under Transcargo -> Demo Import:
Please note: Most of images replaced with a placeholder image because of licensing. Also demo content doesn’t include WP options and widgets, so you need to create them manually via Appearance -> Widgets.
What if the Import fails or stalls?
If the import stalls and fails to respond after a few minutes You are suffering from PHP configuration limits that are set too low to complete the process. You should contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase those limits to a minimum as follows:
- max_execution_time 600
- memory_limit 128M
- post_max_size 32M
- upload_max_filesize 32M
You can verify your PHP configuration limits by installing a simple plugin found here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-php-info. And you can also check your PHP error logs to see the exact error being returned.