- Getting Started
- Installation of the theme
- Activate the theme and Import the demo content
- Setting up the Homepage
- Theme Features
- Theme Customization
- Adding the Images to Revolution slider
- Email Templates
- Adding Custom Icons
- WP All Import plugin compatibility
- Import Makes & Models
- Hooks & Actions
- Setting up Content pages and posts
- Blog page
- Inventory - Single Listing
- Inventory - Listing Categories
- WooCommerce shop
- Classified layout features
- New VC custom modules
- Classified Inventory page
- Classified Users
- Pricing Plans
- Pricing table shortcode
- Pay Per Listing
- Car Rental layout features
- Rental products
Motors – Car Dealership Business Wordpress Theme
A short guide and general information to help you get to know your new theme.
Above all, We would like to thank you for purchasing this theme, your contribution is very much appreciated.
This document covers the installation and use of this theme and reveals answers to common problems and issues - We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this document, feel free to pose them in the dedicated support forum.
Installation of the theme
Installation of the themeTo install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information regarding the installing of the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex - http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
InstallationWhen you are ready to install a theme, you must first upload the theme files and then activate the theme itself. The theme files can be uploaded in two ways: FTP Upload - Using your FTP client, upload the non-zipped theme folder into the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server WordPress Upload - Navigate to Appearance -> Add New Themes -> Upload. Go to browse, and select the zipped theme folder. Hit “Install Now” and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
3. STM Post Type
4. Breadcrumb NavXT
5. Revolution Slider
6. Contact Form 7
7. Motors - Classified Listings
8. MailChimp for WordPress
9. Instagram Feed
10. Custom Icons by Stylemixthemes
11. STM Importer
12. Bookly Lite
2. STM Import Makes & Models
3. STM WP All Import Addon
Activate the theme and Import the demo content
Activate the theme and Import the demo contentAfter completing installation of the theme, you need to activate your product under Motors -> Product registration following these instructions:
2. Enter a name for your token, then check the boxes for View Your Envato Account Username, Download Your Purchased Items, Verify Purchases You've Made and List Purchases You've Made from the permissions needed section. Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions, then click the Create Token button.
3. A new page will load with a token number in a box. Copy the token number then come back to this registration page and paste it into the field below and click the Submit button.
4. You will see a green check mark for success, or a failure message if something went wrong. If it failed, please make sure you followed the steps above correctly.
What if the Import fails or stalls?If the import stalls and fails to respond after a few minutes You are suffering from PHP configuration limits that are set too low to complete the process. You should contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase those limits to a minimum as follows:
- max_execution_time 600
- memory_limit 128M
- post_max_size 32M
- upload_max_filesize 32M
Setting up the Homepage
Setting up the HomepageTo set up the homepage you must create a new page, you can do so by navigating to Pages > Add New. The title for this page can be up to your liking. Under Settings -> Reading or Appearance -> Customize -> Site Settings -> Static Front Page please setup the new Homepage. Actually you can set any page to be your homepage. Once it’s created you can compose your homepage layout. The design layout is created under Bootstrap framework which is split into 12 columns grid. Each widget has its own maximum and minimum widths, so depending on that you can work out the layout for each page. As you can see the homepage just like any the page is now 100% constructible out of the modules we have in Visual Composer. The homepage can be created by any element in Visual Composer. To view the short manual on how to use the Visual Composer, please follow this link:
http://codecanyon.net/item/visual-composer-page-builder-for-wordpress/full_screen_preview/242431 The detailed documentation of Visual Composer can be found here also - http://vc.wpbakery.com/video-tutorials/
Theme CustomizationWordPress Customize allows you to setup the general styling of the website visually. In WordPress menu go to Appearance > Customize. Here you can setup most important options of your theme. Site Settings:
- Static Front Page: You can select default Front and Blog pages here.
- Logo & Title: You can setup basic site options like: Site title, Tagline, Logo & its dimensions and Favicon.
- Style: There are Color Skins and default Layout options. Here you can select one of one of the basic color schemas or set your custom colors, enable/disable Boxed version and show/hide Frontend Customizer.
- Typography: Set up the fonts out of free google fonts. Besides this you can setup font weight, font size and line height also.
- One Click update: You need add Your Envato Username and Envato API Key (Theme Purchase code https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202822600-Where-Is-My-Purchase-Code- ) in order to auto update your theme.
- Main settings: You can enable/disable Header background & Sticky menu and your company contact information.
- Top Bar: Here you can enable/disable Top Bar & WPML Switcher and add your company office addresses, contact information, working hours and Top Bar background color.
- Header Socials: You can enable/disable Header Social buttons here.
- Inventory settings: You can select Listing archive page, Filter Position, add/change Title background, Listing archive page Title and enter your Price currency. Besides this here you can enable/disable main Car features for archive page.
- Single Car Settings: Here you can enable/disable main sections/features of Cars for a Car detail page.
- Compare: It’s possible to select Compare page here.
- Main settings: Here you can change the footer background color, the copyright text and split the footer into widgets. Besides this you can enable/disable Copyright Socials.
- Additional Scripts: You can put your additional scripts like analytics, counter etc.
Footer area setup
Footer area setupThe footer is the same on all pages. You can see whole options via Appearance -> Customize -> Footer -> Main settings. Here you can set up:
- Footer logo and its dimensions;
- Count of additional Widget Areas;
- Footer Text;
How to set up the sidebar
How to set up the sidebarIn this theme we paid special attention to Sidebars for your biggest convenience and on multiple previous requests. We have two types of sidebar: right sidebar and left sidebar, which can be selected for both of archive and single posts/pages. In addition to that, you can add/create a new sidebar with VC Widgets/Elements, in this case you will need to go here: Edit or create a new sidebar, and add any sections you need by means of Visual Composer For single pages/posts you can add sidebar via Widgetised Sidebar or STM Sidebar VC element
Adding Images to Revolution slider
Adding Images to Revolution sliderYou will need to upload various images to the Layer slider. You can add items from Revolution Slider plugin in the WordPress backend. When you go there first you need to create the new Slider, and add new slides. More detailed manual you can find here - http://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/slider-revolution-documentation/.
MenusThere are two navigations on the site – Header menu and Footer menu, so you can adjust them under Appearance -> Menus This is standard Wordpress functionality, you can choose from the pages, post categories, or custom links.
WidgetsDemo Content doesn’t contain WP Options and Widgets, so you need to insert them manually via Appearance -> Widgets. Here are a few examples how to do this: For example, in order to add Photo Gallery, you need to install Instagram Feed plugin and set it up. Then you will be able to add its shortcode via standard Text widget. MailChimp Sign-Up Form also needs MailChimp for WP plugin to be installed and set its API up in order to work properly.
LocalizationYou can change your site main language via Settings -> General -> Site Language It’s easy to localize your site using Loco Translate plugin. Here you can see related tutorial - https://localise.biz/help/wordpress/translate-plugin/beginners. Another way is to add your translations via creating your own .po files. Before adding translations for static strings it needs to rename language files correctly according your site languages. Theme language files are located in a ../wp-content/themes/theme-folder/languages/ folder. You can find a list of language codes at WordPress in your Language. As an example, the language code for English is en_EN, so you would save the translated files as en_EN.po first, then en_EN.mo. There are several ways to fill up translations. One of them if using PoEdit platform. You can add translation via editing your .po file and at the end PoEdit generates .mo file for you. Then you needs to upload ready translation files to primordial folder (../wp-content/themes/theme-folder/languages/).
Email TemplatesMotors 4.2 and higher versions allows you to manager Email Templates via Tools -> Email Templates Manager Here you can modify all available Theme Email Templates.
Adding Custom Icons
Adding Custom IconsApart from Theme and Visual Composer Icons you can include your own Icons in your site. Firstly it needs to generate fonts of your custom icons. You can do it via uploading your ready .SVG and generating fonts here - https://icomoon.io/app/ Then you can upload your fonts .zip archive file (which you have downloaded from IcoMoon) via Appearance -> STM Icon Manager -> Upload New Icons.
WP All Import plugin compatibility
WP All Import plugin compatibilityWe have included this feature according to our clients’ needs. If you want to use WP All Import plugin for importing your Listings, you need to just install and activate STM WP All Import Addon plugin, which is included in the main theme package. Meanwhile, here you can download the latest version of this plugin. This plugin doesn’t need to set up any settings/configurations. Then you can go to All Import -> New Import and upload your own import file. Here you can download example import files - Inventory_CSV and Inventory_XML. At the 3rd Step STM Addon plugin automatically creates needed fields under STM Listing Add-On section and you can drag your fields suitably inputs.
Import Makes & Models
Import Makes & ModelsMain theme package includes archive file of the plugin named STM Import Makes & Models. This plugin allows you easily import Make and Model categories in your site. This plugin automatically sets up categories relationship. It only needs to upload CSV import file (with your own categories) and set up a few options. Here you can download the latest version of this plugin. After installing this addon plugin, you need to go Tools -> Import Makes & Models and upload your own import file. Please check and be sure that you are setting correct Column Name from your import file. Example CSV file is located in the plugin folder - CSV_sample.csv or you can download it here.
Hooks & Actions
Hooks & Actions
- stm_filter_listing_filter - Hook in filter response(json).
- stm_filter_locate_template - Hook in template loader.
- stm_filter_price_view - Hook in price view (Also simply changes in WP Customizer).
- stm_filter_price_currency - Hook in price currency (Also simply changes in WP Customizer).
- stm_filter_ajax_filter - Hook in filter response after ajax (json).
- stm_filter_user_restrictions - Hook in user restrictions.
- stm_filter_user_fields - Hook in user fields.
- stm_filter_display_user_name - Hook in user displayed name.
- stm_filter_custom_login - Hook in custom login (json).
- stm_filter_custom_register - Hook in custom registration (json).
- stm_filter_price_view - Hook in price view.
- stm_filter_add_a_car - Hook in add a car (json).
- stm_filter_add_car_media - Hook in add a car media (json).
- stm_filter_add_car_page_url - Hook in add a car page url (link).
- stm_listing_filter_before - Before filter inside.
- stm_listing_filter_after - After filter inside.
- stm_car_user_info_before_action - Add a car user info Before.
- stm_car_user_info_after_action - Add a car user info After.
Setting up Content Pages and Posts
Setting up Content Pages and PostsAll pages can be created as simple content pages or built by means of Visual Composer page builder. You will need to first set up the page and then add and set up content blocks. Just add a row and add the modules to row from the Visual Composer dashboard. Now you can choose how to compose your template. Add Content modules, Testimonials, etc. You have everything to realize your imagination. We have also included extension packages for Visual Composer. You can use them free. Just pick the module you like and add it to the row. Then you can edit it. You can also edit the row background, add video or parallax images to the background. Just click on Row edit icon and you will see the options & features, which are available for this row. Custom added shortcodes in our theme are on a separate tab: Besides this, each page contains these options which include header color or background image, title fonts and colors, breadcrumbs and button settings:
Blog pageTThe Blog page is a usual blog, formed from the posts which belong to categories created by you, which have tags and featured images that show in the post listings on the blog page. You can set a page as a Blog posts archive page via Appearance -> Customize -> Site Settings -> Static Front Page: The blog page can have the sidebar on the left, right or no sidebar, and the contents of the sidebar, as described above, are set under the Appearance -> Widgets. Other settings of this archive page you can setup via Appearance -> Customize -> Blog: Blogs can be posted by someone who has the access to the backend of the site with admin or author role. Anyway that person will be able to log into the WordPress panel and have a user profile. Default blog layout is grid layout and once you set up an empty page in the theme setting where it is said blog, it will show posts in grid layout.
Inventory - Single Listing
Inventory - Single ListingThere is a custom post type to describe listings your company offer via any element visual composer offers you: For each listing you can specify description, standard Singe Car Page Options and customizable Car Options. For the Description we use standard Content area with Visual Composer, where you can insert any shortcode you would like to display. All car options are available under Car Manager settings: Details: Here you can set up Static car options and see their position via Preview link. Options: You can set and add Listing Categories under this tab. Features: Additional features for Single Car and Compare pages. Prices: All Price options can be set up here. Specials: Sepicial car for special offers carousel module and Featured Listing on Classified layout can be set up under this tab. Images & Videos: Here possible to set additional images and videos for the Listing. Here You can see the difference between VC and Classic Editor:
Inventory - Listing Categories
Inventory - Listing CategoriesYou can modify or add your own filter options via Listings -> Listing Categories. Via editing a Listing Category you can set up filter option, visualization and other settings. In order to modify Listing taxonomies you need to go via manage icon. And manage their default conditions/values: Main Inventory page options you can setup via Appearance -> Customize -> Listing. There are three main section like Inventory settings, Single Car Settings and Compare. Also you can add Listings as a tabs or with Filters for any page using custom STM VC elements:
WooCommerce shopWooCommerce is the most popular e-commerce plugin for WordPress. Now you can have a shop with all e-commerce features on WordPress. Before you start adding products, please go through the WooCommerce plugin settings and specify everything you need for your shop: Adding the products: You can easily add new products via Products > Add Product
Classified layout features
New VC custom modules
New VC custom modulesYou can find new added modules under STM Listing Layout and STM Listing Single Car modules. Please note that these modules work only with Classified Layout version of the demo content. STM Listing layout tab contains modules like STM Listing Search (tabs), STM Blog grid, STM Listing tabs style 2 and etc. which are most important in this layout. There are several modules for single Listing post page under STM Listing Single Car tab. Classified layout Home page was built use above VC shortcodes. You can also customize this page easily through VC Editor:
Classified Inventory page
Classified Inventory pageYou can easily add STM Classic/Modern filter VC module in your inventory page in order to get such result in your Inventory pages. Besides this there are several additional settings under Listing car options Respectively there are different layout for a Single Car page and additional fields like Reviews, Seller info, Car details and Features.
Classified UsersThere are 3 types of users in Classified version of the theme. They are:
- STM Dealer
- Simple user
Pricing PlansAs it was mentioned above, there are three types of payment features for Users, which can be set up under Appearance -> Customize -> Listing -> User/Dealer Options:
- Default User limits;
- Default Dealer limits;
- Enable Pricing Plans (Woocommerce);
Pricing table shortcode
Pricing table shortcodePricing tables – is one of the new features of the Classified Layout. You can build Pricing page using VC Editor and additional VC shortcodes. You can and setup STM Pricing Tables module in your pages in order to display Pricing tables. It’s possible to select Tables count (1, 2 or three ) and set Price Label under General tab of STM Pricing Tables module settings. Under Table tabs it’s possible to set Pricing section Title, Periods, Features, Label, extra Link and its options. You need to set these fields for each Tables under respectively tabs.
Pay Per Listing
Pay Per ListingYou can enable Pay Per Listing feature on your site under Customize > Listing > User/Dealer Options. And here you can set each Listing Price. This feature does not depend on Pricing Plans and can work together or separately with this system. After user completes Order, you will receive an Order Notification and then you need to publish the Listing manually via Dashboard. When User/Dealer modifies the Listing, you will receive a notification with revision link (with changes on Title and Content). Then only site admin can see those changes and approve or decline modification.
Rent a Car
Rental productsRental products were built based on WooCommerce plugin - https://woocommerce.com/. And there are 2 types of these products:
- Car Option
- Standard WooCommerce Products
OfficesOffices are one of the required detail of the Rental cars. Users need to choose an office during reservation. Offices can be added through Dashboard -> Offices. It’s possible to add several options for each office, like:
- Office address
- Google Maps latitude and longitude (You can find them on http://www.latlong.net/)
- Work hours