- Getting Started
- Installation of the theme
- Installation fails?
- Theme Activation
- Importing the demo content
- Updating the theme
- Setting Up your Website
- Theme Customization
- Setting Up the Header
- Adding Custom Icons
- Content management
- Types of Posts
- Adding Other Content
- Miscellaneous Features
- VC Page Builder
- Using the Revolution Slider
Hotello - Hotel Booking WordPress Theme Documentation
Hotello WordPress Theme is a responsive Hotel WordPress theme targeted especially for hotel, chalet, resort, motel, hostel, bed and breakfast and apartment with all-in-one booking system within theme package. Hotello is powered by hotel booking management features such as seasonal pricing, booking management, taxes, flexible rates and many more. With our advanced booking management, customers can search available rooms and book online.
• Single Room Page Templates - Several Single Room Page templates with room features, prices, gallery and booking form
• Check Room Availability - Search Availability Results based on dates, number of adults and children
• Flexible Pricing Options - Seasonal Pricing depending on specific period / dates. Min / max days of accommodation
• Flexible Rates - Rates based on the accommodation specifications (e.g. breakfast, parking, internet, etc.)
• Email Notifications - Get notification by email about new reservation or cancellation
• Online and Offline Payments - Make a payment online from your website via PayPal or cash
• Taxes and Fees – Set pricing on all accommodation charges: add mandatory fees, accommodation taxes, service taxes. The guests can see the summary and total of charges before making a booking. All this info on each booking is stored in the admin dashboard as well
• Real-time Weather - Weather is very important for holidays. We created a real-time weather widget which you can add on your website
• GDPR Compliant - Your guests will find the checkbox for opt-in consent below each booking form to accept your website terms and conditions before reservation
• Multilingual Support - Easily translate a website to any language
• Advanced Theme Options
• Unlimited Custom Colors
• Templates include custom pie charts, graphs and progress bars
• Built with SASS – the most stable and powerful professional grade CSS extension language
• Compatible with Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and IE10+
• Ability to mark multi-locations on Google Maps
• Ability to add Revolution Slider to pages
• Bootstrap-based Responsive Layouts
• Ability to have a Background image for your website
• Ability to use any of 700+ Google Fonts
• WooCommerce compatibility
• Custom SVG and FontAwesome icons
• One-click demo content import
• Ability to embed Audio / Video on pages
• Retina Ready
• SEO ready
Installation of the theme
Installation of the theme
System RequirementsTo install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information regarding the installing of the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex - http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
InstallationYou can install the theme just as you would install any other WordPress Theme. To install the theme: 1. In the WordPress Dashboard, click on Appearance > Themes to open the Themes screen. 2. Click on the Add New button to open the Add Themes screen. 3. Click on the Upload Theme button and upload the zipped theme file you have received from ThemeForest. 4. Once the file is uploaded click on the Install Now button to install the theme.
What to do if the theme installation fails
What to do if the theme installation fails?
Fatal error: Can’t use function return value in write context
PHP ConfigurationsIf the installation stalls and fails to respond after a few minutes, or if WordPress gives you an error message, you are suffering from PHP configuration limits that are set too low to complete the process. You should contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase those limits to a minimum as follows:
- max_execution_time 600
- memory_limit 256M
- post_max_size 32M
- upload_max_filesize 32M
Viewing System StatusYou can also view some of your WordPress system settings by going to the Hotello Theme System Status page. (Click on Hotello > System Status in the WordPress menu.) This page will provide information about your WordPress environment and your server environment. Any items that require your attention will be highlighted in yellow.
Theme ActivationAfter completing installation of the theme, you need to activate your product under Dashboard -> Hotello following these instructions:
2. Enter a name for your token, then check the boxes for View Your Envato Account Username, Download Your Purchased Items, Verify Purchases You've Made and List Purchases You've Made from the permissions needed section. Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions, then click the Create Token button.
3. A new page will load with a token number in a box. Copy the token number then come back to this registration page and paste it into the field below and click the Submit button.
4. You will see a green check mark for success, or a failure message if something went wrong. If it failed, please make sure you followed the steps above correctly.
Importing the demo content
Importing the demo contentOnce the theme is installed, you will find a new Hotello menu in the WordPress dashboard. You can use this menu to access the different theme-related pages. Don’t know where to start on building up your site? We have created an option for you to recreate our theme demo site with just one click.
What if the Import fails or stalls?If the import stalls and fails to respond after a few minutes You are suffering from PHP configuration limits that are set too low to complete the process. You should contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase those limits to a minimum as follows:
- max_execution_time 600
- memory_limit 128M
- post_max_size 32M
- upload_max_filesize 32M
Update the theme
Update the themeWe will periodically provide updates of your theme. These updates are essential if you want to have a bug-free website as we give new features and improvements to the theme over time. Some of these updates might be needed in order to make the theme compatible with newer versions of WordPress.
- Updating via the WordPress Admin Panel (using Dashboard > Updates)
- Update via the WordPress Admin Panel (using an extra plugin)
- Updating via FTP
Updating via the WordPress Admin Panel (using Dashboard > Updates)The easiest way of updating the theme is via Dashboard > Updates. When an update is available for your theme, you will get a notification in your WordPress Dashboard and you can update your theme by clicking on Dashboard > Updates and updating the theme (just as you would update any other installed theme).
Updating via the WordPress Admin Panel (using an Extra Plugin)For this method you should first install Theme Upgrades Tool (http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/). This plugin will update your theme when you upload the hotello.zip file. Once you have installed the Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin:
- Download the theme file update from ThemeForest.
- Extract the hotello.zip file from the downloaded theme file.
- In the WordPress dashboard, click on Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme > Browse...
- Select the hotello.zip file that you extracted in step 2 and click on Install Now.
Updating via FTPAnother way of updating your theme is via FTP. Extract the contents of the hotello.zip file (which you will find inside the theme update file you have downloaded from Themeforest). The contents will be extracted to a folder called hotello\ and to subfolders within the hotello folder.
Setting Up your Website
Theme CustomizationOnce the Hotello Theme is installed, you will now have to customize the theme to suit your needs. The following are some of the tasks you need to complete to customize the theme:
- Build your own header, set up headers, footers, and sidebars for your website.
- Choose your own color scheme and typography options.
- Type in the address and other information about your organization.
- Design and add widgets to your website.
- Set up the menus of the website.
- Change the main language of the site (if your main language is not English).
General Theme OptionsHere you can setup global website settings such as site logo/icon, view types for basic modules, site width and site layout options, default settings for page Title Box, Google and PayPal API settings.
Typography settingsIf you want to change your website typography settings, you need to go Hotello > Them Options > Typography. It’s possible to change typography options for Main (body) and Headings, also Paragraphs, Link, Blockquote and List settings.
Setting the General Color Scheme for your WebsiteWith the Hotello theme you can specify a basic color scheme for your website. You can select from between three pre-defined schemes or create your own custom scheme by defining a base color, a secondary color and a third color. To specify the Color Scheme: 1. Click on Hotello > Them Options > Colors in the WordPress menu. 2. Click on the Submit button to save your settings.
Setting up the Header
Setting up the HeaderYou can customize the look-and-feel of the header. You can also control what items appear in the header area of your pages. To set up or customize the header of your web pages: Click on Theme Options > Header in the WordPress menu.
Header BuilderYou can set up the theme header individually. Every section of the header can be modified and it’s possible to add different elements like: dropdown, text, menu, popup, button, infobox, etc. To change the header layout:
2. Drag & Drop needed elements.
3. Click on the Submit button to save your changes.
Setting Up the Standard MenusAs mentioned above, your theme allows you to have a menu at the top of your website pages and up to three menus in the sidebars. To set up the Standard Menus:
2. You can now set up the menus as you would do for any other WordPress theme.
Setting Up the Footer
Setting Up the FooterYou can customize the look-and-feel of the Footer. You can have up to four footers on your pages/posts. You can control what items appear in the footer area of your pages. You can also select between two heading styles for the footer and write the copyright message to be displayed on the website. To set up or customize the footer of your web pages:
2. Click on Main to customize footer styles, or click on Socials to specify which social icons should appear in the footer and Copyright for bottom footer information.
SidebarsThe Hotello Theme has two sidebars, left and right. These sidebars can be selected for archives as well as single pages or posts. You can create additional sidebars using Visual Composer widgets or elements. These additional sidebars can then be added to individual pages or posts. To set up the sidebars, click on Theme Options > Blog (or Shop Pages) in the WordPress menu. While creating or editing the page or post, add a Widgetised Sidebar or an STM Sidebar Visual Composer element to the page.
Creating Additional SidebarsIn addition to the left and right sidebars, you can create your own sidebars using Visual Composer widgets or elements. You can then add these sidebars to individual pages or posts. To create additional sidebars:
2. Design the sidebar as you would design any other page. You can also add sections to the sidebar using Visual Composer Elements and Widgets, if required.
Adding Custom Icons
Adding Custom IconsThe Hotello theme comes with a set of icons that you can use on your pages. If you want, you can use your own set of icons using specially generated icons. To add your own set of custom icons:
2. Convert the .SVG files to a font set (.zip file) by visiting https://icomoon.io/app/.
3. Click on Hotello > STM Icon Manager to open the Icon Fonts Manager page and upload the font set .zip file by clicking on the Upload New Icons button.
LocalizationYou can change your site main language via Settings -> General -> Site Language
Types of Posts
Types of PostsThe Hotello Theme comes with many built-in types of posts that are useful for multiple websites. The following table lists the various types of posts available:
Testimonials - Displaying testimonials from satisfied customers or clients.
Rooms - Displaying a room with details.
Setting up and changing the Title of Custom Post TypesIf you want, you can change the title of the all custom post types. To change the title and default settings of the above-mentioned custom post type:
2. In the Theme Options menu, select Post Types and then select the custom post type you want to edit.
3. After making the changes click on the Submit button at the top of the page.
Click on Settings > Permalinks in the WordPress menu to open the Permalink Settings page. At the bottom of the page, click on the Save Changes button. WordPress will regenerate the permalinks using the new names you have given.
HotelierHotelier is an easy way to control your Hotel business. There are a lot of Extensions and services for the Hotelier. You can see its settings under Dashboard > Hotelier menu:
ReservationsYou can see all your reservations under Hotelier > Reservation menu in your Dashboard: To add a new reservation via Dashboard click on Hotelier > Add Reservation.
CalendarHotelier provides easy to see Calendar section on Dashboard in order to control all reservations. You can see this under Hotelier > Calendar:
RoomsAll your Hotel Rooms are located under Hotelier > Rooms: Each room has Settings, Title, View Options, Descriptions, Content, Featured and Gallery images. Please see the next image as an example:
Setting up Room CategoriesBefore uploading details of events to your website, it is a good idea to first create room categories. This will help you segregate the rooms based on their category, and display rooms of just a particular category, if required. To set up room categories:
2. Create categories just as you would create normal categories in WordPress.
Setting up Rates and FacilitiesBesides categories, Room post type includes Rate and Facility taxonomies: To set up room Rates and Facilities click on Rooms > Rates or Rooms > Facilites in the WordPress menu.
Creating a RoomOnce you have defined your room taxonomies, you can create Rooms with details. To create a Room post click on Rooms > Add New in the WordPress menu.
ServicesThere is a custom post type to describe a service your company offer via any element visual composer offers you: Also you can add Services as a Grid or Carousel for any page using custom STM VC elements:
TestimonialsIn order that you could create testimonials in one place and then use all over the site, just inserting a VC element, we have created custom posts. Each testimonial is a simple post:
Adding Other Content
Adding Other ContentOther than the special types of content covered in the previous sections of this manual, you can also add regular content to your website as normal pages and posts. You can create your pages using Classic mode or the Visual Composer Backend or Frontend Editors.
Additional Options for Pages and PostsThe following additional options are available while adding pages and posts:
2. You can change the formatting of the page title area (for a particular page) using the Page setup panel.
Miscellaneous FeaturesThe Hotello Theme also supports blogs. You can set up a custom blog page. You can also have custom sidebars on the blog. Besides this, the Hotello Theme is compatible with the WooCommerce plugin, so you can have an e-commerce shop on your website.
Adding a Blog to your WebsiteYou can also have a regular blog on your website where you (or anyone with admin/author rights) can put up posts.
Incorporating a WooCommerce Shop in your WebsiteWooCommerce is the most popular e-commerce plugin for WordPress. Now you can have a shop with all e-commerce features on your WordPress site. Before you start adding products, please go through the WooCommerce plugin settings and specify everything you need for your shop. You can read more about Woocommerce here also - WooCommerce Documentation
WPBakery Visual Composer page builder
WPBakery Visual Composer page builderYour Hotello Theme incorporates the WPBakery Visual Composer plugin that helps you build pages quickly and easily with an intuitive drag-and-drop interface.
Working with the Backend EditorClick on the Backend Editor button to switch to the Backend mode. To add an element to the page, click on the Add Element button and select an element or widget from Visual Composer’s vast array of elements or widgets. To add an element to the page, click on the Add Element button and select an element or widget from Visual Composer’s vast array of elements or widgets.
Working with the Frontend EditorThe Backend Editor shows you the “blocks” that make up your page, but does not show you what your page actually looks like. Alternatively, you can work with the Frontend Editor to see what the actual page looks like as you create/edit it.
Using the Revolution Slider
Using the Revolution SliderYour Hotello Theme incorporates the Revolution Slider plugin that allows you to display a series of images or other content on your web pages as a slider or carousel. This is useful for picture galleries, introductions, etc.
- In the Widgets screen (Appearance > Widgets), drag the “Revolution Slider” widget to a sidebar.
- Using Visual Composer, add a Revolution Slider widget/element to the page/post.