- Getting Started
- Installation of the theme
- Installation fails?
- Theme Activation
- Importing the demo content
- Update the theme
- Theme Features
- Theme Customization
- Adding the Images to Revolution slider
- Smart Contract
- Setting up Content pages and posts
- Blog page
- Staff page
- WooCommerce shop
Crypterio - Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency WordPress Theme
A short guide and general information to help you get to know your new theme.
Above all, We would like to thank you for purchasing this theme, your contribution is very much appreciated.
This document covers the installation and use of this theme and reveals answers to common problems and issues - We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this document, feel free to pose them in the dedicated support forum.
Installation of the theme
Installation of the themeTo install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information regarding the installing of the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex - http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
InstallationWhen you are ready to install a theme, you must first upload the theme files and then activate the theme itself. The theme files can be uploaded in two ways: FTP Upload - Using your FTP client, upload the non-zipped theme folder into the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server WordPress Upload - Navigate to Appearance -> Add New Themes -> Upload. Go to browse, and select the zipped theme folder. Hit “Install Now” and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
3. STM Post Type
4. Breadcrumb NavX
5. Revolution Slider
6. Contact Form 7
7. Custom Icons by Stylemixthemes
8. MailChimp for WordPress Lite
9. TinyMCE Advanced
10. AddToAny Share Buttons
11. Force Regenerate Thumbnails
What to do if the theme installation fails
What to do if the theme installation fails?
PHP ConfigurationsIf the installation stalls and fails to respond after a few minutes, or if WordPress gives you an error message, you are suffering from PHP configuration limits that are set too low to complete the process. You should contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase those limits to a minimum as follows:
- max_execution_time 600
- memory_limit 256M
- post_max_size 32M
- upload_max_filesize 32M
Viewing System StatusYou can also view some of your WordPress system settings by going to the Crypterio Theme System Status page. (Click on Crypterio > System Status in the WordPress menu.) This page will provide information about your WordPress environment and your server environment. Any items that require your attention will be highlighted in yellow.
Theme ActivationAfter completing installation of the theme, you need to activate your product under Dashboard -> Crypterio following these instructions:
2. Enter a name for your token, then check the boxes for View Your Envato Account Username, Download Your Purchased Items, Verify Purchases You've Made and List Purchases You've Made from the permissions needed section. Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions, then click the Create Token button.
3. A new page will load with a token number in a box. Copy the token number then come back to this registration page and paste it into the field below and click the Submit button.
4. You will see a green check mark for success, or a failure message if something went wrong. If it failed, please make sure you followed the steps above correctly.
Importing the demo content
Importing the demo contentOnce the theme is installed, you will find a new Crypterio menu in the WordPress dashboard. You can use this menu to access the different theme-related pages. Don’t know where to start on building up your site? We have created an option for you to recreate our theme demo site with just one click.
What if the Import fails or stalls?If the import stalls and fails to respond after a few minutes You are suffering from PHP configuration limits that are set too low to complete the process. You should contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase those limits to a minimum as follows:
- max_execution_time 600
- memory_limit 128M
- post_max_size 32M
- upload_max_filesize 32M
Update the theme
Update the themeWe will periodically provide updates of your theme. These updates are essential if you want to have a bug-free website as we give new features and improvements to the theme over time. Some of these updates might be needed in order to make the theme compatible with newer versions of WordPress.
- Updating via the WordPress Admin Panel (using Dashboard > Updates)
- Update via the WordPress Admin Panel (using an extra plugin)
- Updating via FTP
Updating via the WordPress Admin Panel (using Dashboard > Updates)The easiest way of updating the theme is via Dashboard > Updates. When an update is available for your theme, you will get a notification in your WordPress Dashboard and you can update your theme by clicking on Dashboard > Updates and updating the theme (just as you would update any other installed theme).
Updating via the WordPress Admin Panel (using an Extra Plugin)For this method you should first install Theme Upgrades Tool (http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/). This plugin will update your theme when you upload the crypterio.zip file. Once you have installed the Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin:
- Download the theme file update from ThemeForest.
- Extract the crypterio.zip file from the downloaded theme file.
- In the WordPress dashboard, click on Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme > Browse...
- Select the crypterio.zip file that you extracted in step 2 and click on Install Now.
Updating via FTPAnother way of updating your theme is via FTP. Extract the contents of the crypterio.zip file (which you will find inside the theme update file you have downloaded from Themeforest). The contents will be extracted to a folder called crypterio\ and to subfolders within the crypterio folder.
Theme CustomizationWordPress Customize allows you to setup the general styling of the website visually. In WordPress menu go to Appearance > Customize. Here you can setup most important options of your theme. Site Settings:
- Logo & Title: You can setup basic site options like: Site title, Tagline, Logo & its dimensions and Favicon.
- Static Front Page: You can select default Front and Blog pages here.
- Style & Settings: There are Color Skins and default Layout options. Here you can set your custom colors, enable/disable Boxed version and show/hide Frontend Customizer.
- Layout: Here you can change the footer logo & its dimensions, the copyright text and split the footer into widgets. Also specify the number of widget areas.
- Footer Socials: Here you can select displayable social icons.
Header BuilderYou can set up the theme header individually. Every section of the header can be modified and it’s possible to add different elements like: dropdown, text, menu, popup, button, infobox, etc. To change the header layout:
2. Drag & Drop needed elements.
3. Click on the Submit button to save your changes.
Header Mega Menu
Header Mega MenuYou can enable Mega Menu feature for your Header menu under Appearance -> Customize -> Header -> Header Appearance settings. After this you can got to Appearance -> Menu in order to change your menu items appearance. For first parent of the theme mega menu includes parameters like:
- Mega Menu type - Boxed or Wide;
- Mega menu columns - it sets how many columns would be your Mega Menu child elements;
- Mega Menu column width;
- Mega Menu child columns width;
- Mega Menu icon;
- Mega Menu content image;
- Mega Menu textarea;
Footer area setup
Footer area setupThe footer is the same on all pages. You can see whole options via Appearance -> Customize -> Footer. Here you can set up:
- Footer logo and its dimensions;
- Count of additional Widget Areas;
- Footer Text;
How to set up the sidebar
How to set up the sidebarIn this theme we paid special attention to Sidebars for your biggest convenience and on multiple previous requests. We have two types of sidebar: right sidebar and left sidebar, which can be selected for both of archive and single posts/pages. In addition to that, you can add/create a new sidebar with VC Widgets/Elements, in this case you will need to go here: Edit or create a new sidebar, and add any sections you need by means of Visual Composer For archive pages you can set sidebar options up via Appearance -> Customize -> Archive pages For single pages/posts you can add sidebar via Widgetised Sidebar or STM Sidebar VC element
Adding Images to Revolution slider
Adding Images to Revolution sliderYou will need to upload various images to the Layer slider. You can add items from Revolution Slider plugin in the WordPress backend. When you go there first you need to create the new Slider, and add new slides. More detailed manual you can find here - http://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/slider-revolution-documentation/.
MenusThere are two navigations on the site – Header menu and Footer menu, so you can adjust them under Appearance -> Menus This is standard Wordpress functionality, you can choose from the pages, post categories, or custom links.
LocalizationYou can change your site main language via Settings -> General -> Site Language. Before adding translations for static strings it needs to rename language files correctly according your site languages. Theme language files are located in a ../crypterio/languages/ folder. You can find a list of language codes at WordPress in your Language. As an example, the language code for English is en_EN, so you would save the translated files as en_EN.po first, then en_EN.mo. There are several ways to fill up translations. One of them if using PoEdit platform. You can add translation via editing your .po file and at the end PoEdit generates .mo file for you. Then you needs to upload ready translation files to primordial folder (../crypterio/languages/). Another way is to use a localization plugin like: Loco Translate
ICO Whitelist Pre-Signup and Smart Contract Integration
ICO Whitelist Pre-Signup and Smart Contract IntegrationCrypterio is ready for a Smart Contract and an ICO Whitelist Pre-Signup integration through JSON compatible standard to manage token distribution. A genuine whitelisting implies that ICO participants can effortlessly and securely register, pass KYC/AML check, get approved, and get listed on a ICO Pre-Signup Whitelist to purchase tokens during the Initial Coin Offering. Therefore, to make Crypterio even more outstanding, we have integrated a brand-new functionality for whitelisting into all 3 of our ICO Landing Page demos. It allows you to launch your whitelisted token sale without much hassle:
- Potential ICO investors enter their personal information and emails.
- Administrator either approves or declines the requests.
- Users in the whitelist receive a token purchase information.
- When the token sale is triggered according to the algorithm of the smart contract, users must proceed to buy tokens though their whitelisted Ethereum wallets.
Setting up Content Pages and Posts
Setting up Content Pages and PostsAll pages can be created as simple content pages or built by means of Visual Composer page builder. You will need to first set up the page and then add and set up content blocks. Just add a row and add the modules to row from the Visual Composer dashboard. Now you can choose how to compose your template. Add Content modules, Testimonials, etc. You have everything to realize your imagination. We have also included extension packages for Visual Composer. You can use them free. Just pick the module you like and add it to the row. Then you can edit it. You can also edit the row background, add video or parallax images to the background. Just click on Row edit icon and you will see the options & features, which are available for this row. Custom added shortcodes in our theme are on a separate tab: Besides this, each page contains these options which include header color or background image, title fonts and colors, breadcrumbs and button settings:
Blog pageTThe Blog page is a usual blog, formed from the posts which belong to categories created by you, which have tags and featured images that show in the post listings on the blog page. You can set a page as a Blog posts archive page via Appearance -> Customize -> Site Settings -> Static Front Page: The blog page can have the sidebar on the left, right or no sidebar, and the contents of the sidebar, as described above, are set under the Appearance -> Widgets. Other settings of this archive page you can setup via Appearance -> Customize -> Archive pages: Blogs can be posted by someone who has the access to the backend of the site with admin or author role. Anyway that person will be able to log into the WordPress panel and have a user profile. Default blog layout is grid layout and once you set up an empty page in the theme setting where it is said blog, it will show posts in grid layout.
ServicesThere is a custom post type to describe a service your company offer via any element visual composer offers you: Also you can add Services as a Grid or Carousel for any page using custom STM VC elements:
TestimonialsIn order that you could create testimonials in one place and then use all over the site, just inserting a VC element, we have created custom posts. Each testimonial is a simple post:
WorksWorks are created as another custom post type called Testimonials. It has Categories that can be ordered as needed. Here you create just single post. You can add an Image, Title and Category(es) for each Work post. So basically, you create an individual post describing for each work in your Cases archive. After that you go to the Works > Add new. On the new page you should insert Our Works shortcode from Visual Composer. After that you can have options go make your works view Grid (by default) or Grid with filters and select Columns and Image size:
VacanciesAgain we have used a custom post type to describe vacancies of your company. There are extra fields for a vacancy (Information) apart from any element visual composer offers you: In order to display all vacancies in any page you need to add Vacancies STM VC shortcode:
Staff pageYou can add your company staff and their additional information via Staff menu: There are two view types how to display your company Team: List and Grid. You can add Staff List VC element in a page and set its options up:
WooCommerce shopWooCommerce is the most popular e-commerce plugin for WordPress. Now you can have a shop with all e-commerce features on WordPress. Before you start adding products, please go through the WooCommerce plugin settings and specify everything you need for your shop: Adding the products: You can easily add new products via Products > Add Product You can read more about Woocommerce here also - WooCommerce Documentation
Update the theme
Update the themeThere are 3 methods to update our wordpress themes to newer version. These new updates are essential if you want to have a bug free website as we give new features and improvements to the theme over time. Some of these updates might be needed in order to make the theme compatible with wordpress newer versions. There is no risk on losing your settings and pages. However if you have done modifications on core theme files, then they will be lost, so you should back up those files.
Update Through Wordpress Admin Panel (Envato Extension)It's possible to update the theme easily via Dashboard -> Updates, after entering correct API credentials via Customize -> Site Settings -> One Click Update:
- Envato Username - your ThemeForest (or Envato) username (i.e. Stylemixthemes).
- Envato API Key - secret API key you have on ThemeForest. You can create a new one under the Settings > API Keys section of your profile.
Update Through Wordpress Admin Panel (using extra plugin)
- For this method you should first install Theme Upgrades Tool (http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/)
- Unzip the file you just downloaded from ThemeForest and locate the WordPress Theme.
- Click on Appearance > Themes in your Dashboard. Still within the Themes section, on header tab, click on Add New, then on header second tab click Upload Theme.
- Click Browse… and locate the new theme file.
- In the Upgrade existing theme? Option choose Yes from the dropdown list.
- Click Install Now and Activate the theme.
Updating using a FTP software
- Login into your Themeforest account and go to downloads (Dashboard > Downloads)
- Download the theme into your computer
- Install an FTP program (Filezilla is free) Retrieve your FTP login information from your hosting admin panel and login into your hosting via FTP
- Unzip the item main file and locate theme archive file and unzip it. Make sure your unzipping software do not create extra directory with the same name nested into each other.
- Drag and drop theme main folder into your FTP program with the destination : YOUR_HOSTING_ROOT/YOUR_SUBDIRECTORY/wp-content/themes/
- FTP program will give a warning that there is an existing with the same directory name, choose replace all.