Stock Number Results on WordPress Search?

Started by: bc3223 August 28, 2017 - 14:21

Hello,

I'm not able to get results from inventory to pull up for any stock numbers on the Motors theme if I use the global site search at the top of the site or on a widget.

Is there a way to simply add a general search box on the sidebar with the other Search Options that would allow all of these data to be searched and returned for the inventory listings like shown below:

https://ibb.co/ibh8rk

Thanks.

Replies:

• Author Team
    #5082 Reply

Axel
    Hi,

You need to enable "Bind WP Search form with Inventory" under Customize -> Listing -> Inventory Settings [screenshot]. After, you need to create a sidebar with WP Search module and assign it to inventory page under Customize -> Listing -> Inventory Settings section. So you will be able to search your listings by keywords.

Regards

#5503 Reply

Egon Kilin
    replied to: #5082
    I have set up the Search Bar as Specified but how can I have it on the beginning of the sidebar now it is on the last side below

https://autova.ro

Author Team
    #5507 Reply

Axel
    Hi Egon,

In that case, you need to add WP Search module to your Inventory page. However, it displays above the results too. Otherwise, it needs to customize the theme templates in order to realize your request.

Regards

#5512 Reply

Egon Kilin
    replied to: #5507
    So in order to be able to have the Search bar on top of the sidebar I need to change some theme files? Or is it an easy fix
    Author Team
    #5513 Reply

Felix
    replied to: #5512
    Hi Egon,
    You need to customize sidebar.php from \wp-content\themes\motors\listings\classified\filter to change the search position.
    regards
    #8037 Reply

willian

como faco isso ?

Author Team
    #8038 Reply

Aika
    replied to: #8037

Hi

You can connect your site using FTP (credentials you can get from your hosting provider) and make described changes.

Regards

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.