Motors classified Makes and Models relationship

Started by: Stylemix Themes July 21, 2016 - 05:11

Relationship feature is included for Listing Search module which appears just under the banner on the Home page. This option help to find & select needed makes and its models faster. In order to realize this relationship you need to follow this steps:
  • Set parent Category (Make) for Models:

listing categories

• After this it needs go to Manage Models and set correct parent Makes for each Models:

Replies:

• #5743 Reply

iluicamina weeks
    There is a way to set relationship for models in bulk ?

The tutorial shows how to do it one item at the time , it would be nice to save time .

Thanks

Author Team
    #5745 Reply

Felix
    Hi,
    Sure you can import makes and models via CSV file. Here is a related manual - https://stylemixthemes.com/manuals/motors/#import_makes_models

regards

#5813 Reply

Paddman
    Would be great if can add more relationships (for example year).
    Author Team
    #5818 Reply

Felix
    Hi Paddman,
    Thank you for your suggestion, we are planning to add such kind of options in our future updates of the plugin.

regards.

#5846 Reply

OsiTech
    So this will not work on the modern sidebar?

If not, is there anything scheme that will?

Thanks.

Author Team
    #5849 Reply

Axel
    Hello OsiTech,

The relationship works only with AJAX search function which is available in STM Classic filter. The Modern filter uses JavaScript for searching listings.

Regards

#5870 Reply

OsiTech
    I followed this instruction to the letter and cross-checked it but It's not working for me. I think.

In this example, VW, once selected under Make should only display Jetta under model. Right?

What could I be missing? It seems so straightforward.

Thanks.

Author Team
    #5884 Reply

Felix
    Hello OsiTech,
    The Make and Model relationship works in the Classified layout of the theme.

regards

#5893 Reply

OsiTech
    replied to: #5884
    Could you consider it for the dealer layout in the future upgrades? Thank you Sir.
    Author Team
    #5899 Reply

Axel
    Search Inventory option displays related categories automatically like STM Classic filter. If it doesn't work in such way, you can create a ticket and we have a look at your settings.

Regards

#5909 Reply

Brian
    Which of the filters works with the boat theme. I have been trying to use the classic filter, and it has failed repeatedly. I had a ticket open, and I thought it was fixed. I closed the ticket, and now it doesn't work. I'll I have done is added more inventory. And it is broke again. Am I using the wrong filter for the boats theme?
    Author Team
    #5915 Reply

Axel
    Hello Brain,

You can use both Classic and Modern filters in Boats Layout. Please open a ticket and we will check this issue on your end.

Regards

#6274 Reply

Edward W
    Yep, that works beautifully, now all we need to do is figure out how to bring in a few thousand makes and models without overloading the server. I tried importing the CSV file in bulk but it just throws back an error too many failures. Would I be better importing them into the SQL file instead?
    Author Team
    #6278 Reply

Axel
    Hi Edward W,

Have you tried to import your makes and models using STM Import Make & Model plugin?

Regards

#7525 Reply

Jason Barbour
    replied to: #247

Hi, I used the STM Import Make & Model plugin to import my csv but the models are not being attached to the makes. I'm using the classified layout.

I manually assigned a few and they worked fine but this won't be an option with the constantly changing inventory that I expect to have. Here is the import output:

Import started Found makes: 0 Found models: 0 Make: Acura [acura] - created id:1725 - mdx not found, creating - model: MDX [mdx] - created id:1726 - rdx not found, creating - model: RDX [rdx] - created id:1727 - tl not found,

Import has been finished successfully

• Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.