MasterStudy - header/search/permalink/images

Started by: r m October 05, 2015 - 20:59

Hi there,

I am unable to find a search field in order to find threads that can help me with my issues? I have a few items that I am hoping you can assist me with.

1. How can I fix the height of my header to make it thinner? I see in the Theme Options->General->Menu margin top (px) where I can fix the px above the page titles in the nav bar but would like to skim some of the padding from the top and bottom overall.

2. How can I disable the search button in the nav bar?

3. How do I change the permalink for the individual teachers bio pages? "News" seems to appear in the breadcrumb and I have entitled my page "Staff" instead of "Teachers".

4. In the individual teachers bio page the featured image is 570 x 271 - how can I make this portrait instead of landscape? I would actually like to do this for the main "Teachers" page (which I have called "Staff").

Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to your response :)

Replies:

• Author Team
    #770 Reply

Baxter
    Hi,

1. You can do it through adding custom CSS.
    2. It's also possible through custom CSS like:
    .search-toggler-unit{ display: none; }
    3. You can change it through Settings -> Breadcrumbs NavXT -> Post types -> Teachers -> Teachers root page.
    4. It's possible to change it in a "../masterstudy/vc_templates/stm_teacher_detail.php" file, line 21.

Best regards

#771 Reply

r m
    Awesome! I have completed #2 and #3 successfully and will look into #4.

For #1, might you be able to provide the CSS code and then I will play around with the padding pixels?

It would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :)

Author Team
    #772 Reply

Baxter
    Hi,

1. Please try to put a code like this:
    #header .header_default{
    padding: 10px 0px;
    }

Best regards

#805 Reply

r m
    Hello,

Thank you for this!

In addition, for the main Teachers page (grid) is it possible to have 3 columns instead of 4? I am looking at the php file for the stm_teachers_grid and unsure where to revise code.

Many thanks.

Author Team
    #806 Reply

Baxter
    Please change a line 26:

<div class="col-md-3 col-sm-4 col-xs-6 teacher-col">

to

<div class="col-md-4 col-sm-6 teacher-col">

It should help!
    Best regards

#808 Reply

r m
    Perfect - thank you very much!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.